Which cookies are used by this websire?
Our website uses only third party cookies, specifically:
- Google Analytics cookies that are anonymized and not used to profile the user. Those cookies fall in the Technical Cookies category
- Disqus cookies that are not used to profile the user. Those cookies fall in the Technical Cookies category
What is a cookie and what is its purpose?
A cookie is a small file that is sent to the browser and saved on your device when you visit a website. Cookies allow the site to function efficiently and improve its services, in addition to providing information to the site owner for statistical or advertising purposes, primarily to personalize your navigation experience by remembering your preferences (for example, remembering the language and currency you set, in order to recognize you at the next visit, etc.)
What types of cookies exist?
The cookies can be of different types based on their goal:
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use the various options or services there. For example, with traffic control and data communication, to identify the session, access restricted Web parts, remember the elements of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use the security features during navigation, and store content for broadcast video or sound. Legally, cookies used to collect and analyse traffic in an anonymously way are considered technical cookies. In this case, the deactivation of the cookies can be executed without any loss of functionality.
- Profiling cookies: these allow the to profile the users of a websites. These can be used for advertisement or for statistical analysis. Advertising cookie can be used to effective management of advertising spaces which are included in the Web page or application from which the service is provided. They allow the adaptation of advertising for it to be relevant to the user and to avoid showing ads that the user has already seen. Statistical analysis cookies allow the monitoring and analysis of user behaviour on websites. The information gathered through such cookies is used in measuring the activity of web, application or platform sites and the profiling of user navigation of these sites, in order to make improvements to the service and functionality for users.
Also cookies can be divided in two categories based on the creator of the cookie:
- First-part cookies: are created and managed by the website owner
- Third-part cookies: are created and managed by a third-part
How can I manage my cookie?
The user has the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by setting your browser options installed on your terminal: for more information about this, look the documentation of your browser of choice.